Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Something New..

This weekend was a blast!  Not only did I do makeup for one of my favorite models in the KC area but I also had the pleasure of doing makeup for a new client who is a past Miss Nebraska. 
The first shoot involved Michele, she is just the sweetest girl and what a gorgeous one as well!  We spoke about a boho inspired look combined with lace, florals and beach themes.  In the first image the makeup is soft and "peachy-bronze".  I used a combination of MAC's romp, ricepaper, and folie for her eyeshadows.  On her cheeks I used one of my favorite bronzers by Smashbox called Softlights.  And for her lips I used Smashbox's candid lipgloss. 
In the second and third images I used a combination of humid, swimming, and yellow chrome for her eyes.  On her lips is gaga gloss by MAC. 
And in the last image I changed her eyes by adding greensmoke and nehru by MAC to her first look to smoke it up a bit.
I had so much fun on this shoot!  I'm a boho girl at heart so these looks are easy for me.
Mark Shaiken is the photographer on both of these shoots, he does such a great job and is a very nice guy to work with. 









Last night's shoot was with former Miss Nebraska, Belinda.  What a sweet girl, a real pleasure to work with as well.  She drove up in the pouring rain  from Nebraska, with her fiance for this photo shoot.   I hope she loves the outcome.
What a gorgeous girl! Jen Thomas of the Last Tangle Salon created the beautiful waves on her hair. 
The first look I used Nocturnelle, rice paper and swiss chocolate by MAC on her eyes, Smashbox's brow tech in Brunette.  On her cheeks I used a matte Bronze and Melba by MAC and on her lips I used MAC's Pop Mode gloss with Vino liner. 
In the last image I did a softer more commercial look using bronze, romp, and rice paper on the eyes and MAC's Melba blush and on her lips I used MAC's lipstick in Siss and Viva Glam Gaga 2. 

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful hair and makeup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really nice shots! You really do a good job in make-up. Hats off for you. I'm so envious of the dewy look. I can't seem to be able to get those kind of look myself. Still trying my best to find a way to do it =D

    ReplyDelete